3/30/20

Reading is good for people with metal illnesses


I like reading books and some people with mental illnesses, too. Why do they like books? What is the benefit by reading books? I’ll show you about them in this article.

Why do people with mental illnesses continue to read books? 

As you know, a lot of metal illnesses deprive their patients of concentration of reading anything. Especially, in the acute stage of the illnesses, they hardly keep anything with a will of them. However, many of them return to read books as before. At least, for me I continue to read books because it gives me comfortable and peaceful feelings and I can enjoy my time alone. It is also true for many of people with mental illnesses.

How to read books

After I recovered from schizophrenia, I wanted to start reading again as before. When I was a junior high school student, I used to read books for 30 minutes before going bed. It was a good routine, I thought. So, I stated to do again. The result was wonderful. My mind became calm and could sleep well.

I can’t keep reading for a long time, though.

I often read books but I can’t keep reading for a long time because of an aftereffect of schizophrenia. Of course, I sometimes think, “What a miserable situation!”, but mostly I accept my current ability. Although I can’t concentrate on reading for a long time, I choose to do for a short time many times. It is a good idea, I think. My custom have to suit my ability.

In this article, I wrote about reading. If you like spending at home when you have a time, I recommend reading books.

No comments:

Post a Comment