3/17/20

What's kind of person I was before schizophrenia


Schizophrenia is not an innate disease, so patients with schizophrenia had a normal mind in the past. What kind of people were patients with schizophrenia? I’ll show you one example of the past of a schizophrenia patient.


My past without schizophrenia

Now I don’t like hanging out alone, so I prefer to go shopping or going to restaurants with my family or girlfriend. But I can say my fundamental personality has not been changed. I was reluctant to socialize with others like classmates or friends in the past. Of course, young boys took me to park or karaoke, but honestly I liked being alone. I liked reading novels alone, studying alone, playing video games alone… I knew I liked be alone, while sometimes I wanted to socialize with others. But not often.

 


What is the big change after schizophrenia?

Although I didn’t like socializing with others, our society in Japan forced me to do that. Honestly, I hated that. But after diagnosed with schizophrenia, I was allowed not to communicate with others to some degree. By named with schizophrenia, I finally can live as I like. I can choose to see people as I like. It is a good thing, isn’t it?

 


What did l lose by schizophrenia?

I have an advantage with schizophrenia, while I have a disadvantage with it. When I was a junior high school student, my test score was higher than any other student. So, I was so proud of my ability and myself. But after the disease I couldn’t study well, which impaired my pride. It is so hard to get back…

It is my past and now. My basic trait has not been changed, while my pride was impaired to some degree. I hope my experience is useful for others with schizophrenia.

No comments:

Post a Comment