4/2/20

How to communicate with people having schizophrenia


Some people don’t know how to communicate with people having schizophrenia. I have schizophrenia. So, I’ll tell you the points about communication with schizophrenia people in the point of view of the patient in this article.

You should behave to schizophrenia patients as you do to usual people.

Many people with schizophrenia like treated usually. They don’t like treated as patient. Of course, they have mental problems but they have a desire to be treated equally as others. For example, some people often said to me, “Are you ok?” or “You should have a rest”. Sometimes I was annoyed because they rarely said to healthy people. I know they cared my body or mind but many worried words made me irritated.

People with schizophrenia are sensitive to discriminative words or attitude.

If schizophrenia patients receive discriminative word or attitude, they may escape such people and feel depressed later. Their mind is so sensitive, pure and innocent that people should avoid blaming them. For my case, when ex-friends rejected me at college, I smiled nervously but the story still have remained in my mind.

If you want to talk about schizophrenia with the patients, you have to accept their experience.

Some people like friends or family sometimes want to talk about schizophrenia with the patients. It is not bad. But you have to careful not to reject their experience, just to accept. For them, the experience of schizophrenia is like nightmare, so they want you to listen to their story calmly. It is no need to comment on their story. It is desirable to accept their story.

In this article, I wrote about how to communicate with schizophrenia patients. They are also human as others, so it is best to communicate with them naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment