3/19/20

Good sleeping is important for patients with schizophrenia


People with mental disorders often have sleeping problems. Some people are poor at going to sleep, while others often wake up at night. Needless to say, people with schizophrenia like me often have sleeping problem. I’ll show you how to deal with those.

Don’t force yourself to sleep soon!

When you cannot go to sleep well, you often say to yourself in the mind, “I have to sleep soon!” As you know, many Japanese are serious, so many Japanese patients with mental disorders often do that. But it is not good for your sleep. When you force yourself to sleep, it is hard to sleep. So, my advice is not to think too much when you are on bed. Or it is good to say to yourself, “I will feel relaxed by laying on bed.”

 

Waking up at night may be avoidable

When I drink more water than usual or think about negative things, I likely wake up at night. So, my advice is you make routine before going bed. For example, you set time going to bed, you drink a glass of water, you stretch… If you wake up at night, you may feel upset. Don’t worry. Just lying on bed with your eyes close and not thinking too much is appropriate measures, I think.

 

Sleeping medicine is good for people with schizophrenia

Actually I take one pill before going to bed, which have been my routine since diagnosed with schizophrenia. I tried some to sleep without sleeping medicine. The result was not good. When I tried to sleep without medicine, it was so hard to go to sleep. So, if you are prescribed, you should take medicine. When you take less drug, you can try to stop taking medicine.


Sleeping is so important for your body and body. I hope you have a nice dream tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment