3/14/20

The lives of schizophrenia patients in Japan

You may hear about schizophrenia. It is one of mental illnesses and have various symptoms like hallucination and depression. Of course, schizophrenia patients exist in Japan. But how's their lives?

Schizophrenia patients' lives in Japan

I am one of schizophrenia patients in Japan. Although I don't know how the same disease patients in the rest of the world live, I am no doubt it is hard to live in Japan with the disease. First, it is hard for the patients in Japan to get a job. Of course, some people can work with healthy people, but they are just lucky ones.
Many of them are struggled to get a job for many years. Although there are rehabilitation facilities for metal illnesses with wage in Japan, many of them have unbelievable low wage(ex.10 dollars  per  month)

How's discrimination to schizophrenia patients in Japan.

In fact, patients with metal illnesses in Japan often have discrimination from various people.When I got the mental disease, I was a college student.  I had some friends to drink or go to karaoke. However, when I was diagnosed with schizophrenia, they weren't willingly to communicate with me. After I dropped out a college, many of them have not communicated to me until now. It is not surprising because many mental patients in Japan have almost same experience.

What you get from schizophrenia

Many patients of the disease had felt anxious or horrible until starting the disease. They couldn't convey their feeling to other people. But by diagnosed with the disease, they can know their anxiety and horror are common in the disease. It is a good news to them because they can share their mind with other patients and they can relieve pain. It is one of benefits by getting schizophrenia.

Of course, I know it's hard to live with schizophrenia. But by sharing experience of the disease, your life may change in the positive way. At least, I believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment