4/15/20

My experience: drinking water too much


If you have schizophrenia or other mental illness, you may have an experience with drug side effects. Me, too. Drug side effect is unpleasant and sometimes make you worried. In this article, I will share you about drinking too much water as drug side effect.

Drinking too much water is common in patients with schizophrenia.

When I stated taking medicine for schizophrenia, I wanted to drink water too much. It was not just once. My desire to drink water became my custom since then. I felt water was filled in my stomach and sometimes felt sick but I could not stop drinking water. When I talked about it with a friend with schizophrenia, she told me she had the same experience.

Drinking water too much is to dilute medicine.

At first, I didn’t know why I wanted so much water. Later I knew the reason. A book told me that drinking water too much is to dilute medicine in my body. Medicine for schizophrenia is so powerful that human body wants to decline the effect. On the other hand, such medicine is needed to recover, of course. At that time, I took more medicine than now. When I went home from a hospital, I had a bag filled with medicine. It was necessary for me to curb my symptoms.

I drink less water than before now.

As I wrote above, medicine is needed for recovery. So, I cannot stop taking medicine. However, as I recovered from schizophrenia, I took less medicine than before, leading to not drinking water too much. Although I drink more water than healthy people, it does not matter to me. Just prepare. When I go out for a long time, I prepare a bottle filled with water. It is not bad because I can save money from buying juice from vending machines.

In this article, I wrote about drinking water too much as side effect of medicine. It is hard to avoid the side effect but you can manage to live with it. Sometimes you think it is hard to live with the new custom, but you can think it gives you the new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment