4/19/20

My experience: hallucination


I have schizophrenia. One of main symptoms in schizophrenia is hallucination. I had hallucination, too. What hallucination is like? In this article, I will explain my hallucination experience.

Before diagnosis of schizophrenia 

Before I got schizophrenia, I had had social anxiety disorder. So, I had seen a doctor since I was 14. Although I visited a psychiatrist regularly, my mental condition did not get better, and what’s worse, I got schizophrenia. A bit before I got the disease, I had a lot of hallucination. For example, I saw rats crawling on the wall at night. I was woke at night by be swayed, which was not once, very often, or even several times on the same night.

A bit after diagnosis of schizophrenia

When I realized terrible things happened to me, my hallucination was so awful. When I go out or sometimes even in my room, I heard someone was talking behind my back. It was so awful. If I moved to bathroom, the voice said, ”Hey, you get the bathroom dirty!” And I often got a nightmare, which was often related to ghost. The nightmare woke up and I could not sleep again soon and the fear made me leave the light on because I wanted to avoid darkness.

The current situation about hallucination

These days, I rarely have hallucination. Because I have improved my mental condition by taking medicine as told by doctor. However, I sometimes, not often, have a strange feeling like feeling ghosts around me when I feel stressed. I don’t like this experience but somehow give up disappearing this feeling. I realize I can recover to some degree but I have to accept my condition related to schizophrenia.

In this article, I wrote about my experience of hallucination. Actually, it is difficult for healthy people to imagine hallucination. But people with this experience actually exist around the world. Please remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment