4/5/20

When I realize how effective I take mental medicine


I take medicine for schizophrenia, or antipsychotics at the time before going bed every day. In this article, I will share you how I feel taking the medicine.

I don’t know this medicine is effective to me.

Antipsychotics is one of medicines for schizophrenia. Although I take this medicine every day, I don’t know this medicine is effective to me, because the medicine works later. So, I know taking medicine is important for me to curb schizophrenia but sometimes think “Isn’t it necessary for me?” Maybe it is one of reasons many patients of the disease stop taking medicine.

Compared to the past, I can say medicine is effective to me.

I have taken antipsychotics for about 10 years. The fact is that I can do more things than 10 years ago. 10 years ago, I was just lying bed almost all day and depended on my mother about managing money, cooking, shopping, and almost everything. Today I have a job, sometimes cook, drive a car, go shopping. So, I can say it takes a long time to realize the effect of the medicine.

To forget to take medicine once is not bad.

If you have schizophrenia, you have to take medicine for a long time. But, you may sometimes forget to take medicine. Me, too. In my experience, it is not bad. As I write, antipsychotics takes a long time to work. And medicine stay in your body for several days, not one day. So, don’t worry. It is OK to take medicine as usual after forgetting to take it.

In this article, I wrote about medicine. Antipsychotics takes a long time to work, so be patient for a while. I recommend you to take medicine as habit like drinking water.

No comments:

Post a Comment