4/3/20

How's daily life in mental hospital in Japan.


I was admitted to mental hospital for schizophrenia. Some people may want to know how’s like in mental hospital. In this article, I will share with you about the life in mental hospital in Japan.

I had seen a doctor once a week

When I was in mental hospital, I had a checkup once a week. Not me but also other patients had a checkup once a week unless we didn’t deteriorate rapidly. Although we had to stay in hospital when we had an examination, basically we could spend our time as we liked.

We had activities to recover from mental illnesses

On weekdays, we had activities like volleyball, mah-jongg and pottery. Because I didn’t like exercising, I often played mah-jongg with other patients. Some patients were younger as me, while others are older people. But we could enjoy our time supported by a psychotherapist. We had rights whether we joined activities or not, so some people didn’t join any activities.

We could go out or stay at home if approved by doctor.

While in the hospital, we could go out or stay at home for a night if approved by doctor. I would often go to karaoke or shopping. When entering the hospital, our belongings were checked by staff because the hospital banned us from bringing knife or rope, which can be used for suicide.

In this article, I wrote the life of patients in mental hospital in Japan. Although I had thought staying at mental hospital was like nightmare, it was not true at least for me. I felt relaxed during the stay because there was almost no cause of stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment